Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday 4 March 2011

CWS CREATIVE FISHNET ( 3RD MARCH 2011)



Second place in styling event! I`m on the left!

Welcome everyone to CWS styling Event Creative Fishnet theme.  I hope you are enjoying the show so far.
Up until the 1960's, fishnets were only seen on prostitutes, "loose women," and pin-up girls like Bettie Page. For a brief stint in the 60's, fishnet stockings were "in", giving legs that "more leg" look as one ad from 1967 put it. These were still stockings, which were held up with garter belts. Punks and goths claimed fishnets as their own in the 1970's, which is what I have based my style on this evening. The long length trench coat with belt, can be worn with or without prim base , giving a short bomber style jacket look, and pale goth skin, spiked heels and of course fishnet hold ups, with holes, making way for the punk/goth look. I dressed the stockings with fishnet briefs and a fishnet belly top, my hair speaks for itself and finishes off the look with a spiked collar.  Vibrant red lips and the dark make-up of the skin, most certainly achieve the style that was intended>:)

Skin- Dementia with make up by Ngel Vella
Hair- A&A
Outfit_ Thalia trench coat and sheer outfit, By Thalia Tal
Shoes - Nadia spiked shoes
Jewelry- Spiked Collar by Wodan Dragonash


This event was a challenge for me, as i`m not a fishnet person, nor am I into punk or goth, so i`m out of my comfort zone slighty, but i`m glad I am, I like to set myself challenges as it widens my experience and is so great to turn a negative into a positive. Thank you to everyone associated with CWS,  to our judge, who has a mammouth task this evening and our announcer. 
http://classicwstyle.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment